This year is speeding to an end, and inevitably one starts looking forward to cool things happening in the year ahead…. 2020.
So in anticipation of a awesome 2020 ahead, I am sharing this recipe for a ‘delicious plant-based mess’ – one of the dishes I will be serving for supper at my SpiritFest food-stall – yes! I am excited to be one of the food vendors. Book your tickets here; Spritfest website.
Im delighted to share this yummy and nourishing recipe with you guys which features on of my most favourite and delicious plant based proteins; Tempheh from Tabu Foods
Without further ado, here is this ridiculously easy vegetable and Tempheh ‘mess’ recipe…because ‘the magic is in the mess”.
- 1 cup of frozen BABY peas
- 200g of tempheh, sliced into cubes
- 1 head of coailflower, cut into small florets
- 1 cup of coconut cream
- 1 cup of spinach
- 2 bunches of spring onions, finely sliced
- herbs & spices: 1 heaped teaspoon of turmeric, 1 teaspoon of paprika, 1 /2 teaspoon of sumac, 1 teaspoon of coriander, 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- sea salt & cayenne pepper to taste
Now simply sautés the spring onion, cauliflower, spinach & tempheh in a large and deep saucepan for about 15 minutes on low heat, seasoning with salt
Next add the coconut cream and all the herbs, spices and frozen peas, season with salt and allow simmering for 15-20 minutes on low heat before serving.
Viola, its as easy as that.
Hoping to see you at Spiritfest, and in the meantime I wish you an abundance radiant health and happiness