This is a deliciously healing soul with many immune boosting properties. We are living through a strong time where immune health is more important than ever.
Without further ado – here is the recipe for my Immune-Boosting Green Soup;
- 3 x stalk of celery, chopped roughly (include some leaves too)
- 1 X medium brown or yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cups of roughly chopped kale
- 5 courgettes, roughly chopped
- 2 medium potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 sprig of oregano, de-stalked
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic, grated crushed
- 1 heaped tablespoon of nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 cube of Kale mushroom stock
- 1.5 litres of filtered water
- 2 teaspoons of sea salt flakes
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil/ macadamia oil/ or butter/ ghee
Simply add all the ingredients (except the water) to a large soup pot and sauté for 10 minutes (stirring often) on medium heat.
Then add the water and allow it to simmer on medium heat for 30-40 minutes, then remove from the heat and whiz with a stick blender until smooth.
Add a large dollop of greek yoghurt and some kale chips for crunch when serving along with black pepper and cold pressed olive oil
Storing: This soup freezes well, and what is lovelier then taking out a jar of homemade soup in the morning and heating some up for a nourishing supper along with a baked potato or a slice of sourdough.
Happy soup making,