This is perfect choice for meatless monday, and no-one will even notice this is vegan.
Serves 6 to 8
- 6 large ripe tomatoes
- 4 large portabello mushrooms
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1 large brown/ yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon of sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable stock powder
- Pink salt and black pepper to taste
- 50ml of cold pressed olive oil (drizzle before serving)
Saute the onions in the coconut oil, until they are soft and translucent. Then add the crushed garlic, spices and herbs and saute a for a further 3 minutes.
Now add the grated mushrooms, chopped tomatoes and salt + pepper. Stir through and place the lid on the saucepan and let it simmer over low heat for 15minutes, then remove the lid and let it simmer for a further 15minutes.
Serve it over some good cooked linguine, or spaghetti, or gluten free pasta of your choice. After adding the sauce to the pasta drizzle generously with olive oil, and sprinkle with some nutritional yeast flakes.