This Dahl is always a refuge in the storm of life, what I especially love is how it really takes hardly any work, and that everybody I make it for always loves it.
So really there is very little to say apart from ‘The Dahl is Good’ – make it :).
Lets dive right in, ingredients below:
- 1 cup of red split lentils
- 1/4 cup of sun-dried onions
- 1 heaped teaspoon of garam masala
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 1 heaped teaspoon of turmeric
- 2 teaspoons of mustard seeds
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 1 400g tin of coconut cream
- 750ml of vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons of sea-salt
- lots of freshly ground black pepper
- 3 very ripe tomatoes, skins removed and chopped roughly
Add all the above ingredients to a pot and let it get to a slow simmer – stirring occasionally, and allowing it to cook for 45min, or even up to an hour. You may want to a little add liquid if you like it a bit ‘saucier’.
Serve with quinoa or brown basmati, and a roti perhaps. Garnish with oven roasted chickpeas and a little onion, spinach and tomato salad will liven it up.