Summer is around the corner here in Cape Town but the last few days has been wintry and wet, which made me crave a wholesome curry with beans… yes, I crave them.
It was delicious and below you will see the recipes so that you can recreate it at home.
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of Lemcke cold pressed coconut oil
- 1 tin of drained & rinsed kidney beans
- 1 medium butternut, peeled, and cubed.
- 1 fat clove of garlic, finely grated
- 1 400g tin of coconut cream
- 2 cups of baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon each of ground cumin, turmeric & coriander.
- 1/2 teaspoon each of ground fenugreek & paprika
- 1 tablespoon of Health-Connection vegetable stock
- Salt & black pepper to taste
Simply sauté the onion in a tablespoon of coconut oil until soft and golden.
Then add the butternut pieces, garlic, salt and spices and continue sautéing on medium heat until the butternut start to soften.
Lastly add the drained kidney beans, spinach & coconut cream, stock powder, some more salt if needed and then allow it to simmer on low heat for 30 minutes.
Serve with quinoa, or rice, or just a chopped tomato & spring onion salad.