This is another great dish to add lots more veggies to your life – it that translates to a healthier and more diverse gut microbiome.
- 1 yellow/ brown onion, finely diced
- 1 cup of frozen corn
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- medium bunch kale, de-stalked and shredded
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon of dried origanum
- 1 teaspoon of sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin & nutmeg each
- 1 & 1/2 cup of pasata or chopped tomatoes
- sea salt to taste
- a pinch of sugar to regulate the acidity of the tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- a handful of kidney beans and chickpeas each – or just choose 1 and double your qty.
Sauté the onion & red pepper in coconut oil until soft, then add the garlic and sauté for a further 1 minute. Then add absolutely everything else and allow it to simmer on low heat for 30 minutes. Then serve with quinoa or brown basmati rice.
Serve with some avocado or just on its own 🙂