Did you know that beans paired with a brown rice has a complete protein profile, and that Cannelini beans are gut health rockstars, and that including good whole-food carbs like these once a day keeps your metabolism fast. well, now you know…and below is a recipe to do just that.
- 2 x 400g tins of Cannelini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups of tightly packed baby spinach (more or less is good too)
- 2 tins of whole Italian tomatoes
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of finely grated ginger
- 1 clove of garlic, grated finely
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala
- 1 cardamon pod, broken open and all the seeds used
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of sugar to regulate the acidity in the tomatoes
- sea salt & plenty of freshly ground pepper
- well-cooked brown basmati rice to serve with
- Heat some coconut oil (or macadamia oil, or butter/ ghee) in a pot, then sauté the chopped onion until golden.
- Add the spices, ginger & garlic and sauce for a a further 2 minutes.
- Now add the beans, spinach & tinned tomato, using a fork to squish the tomatoes into a pulp, and then season the whole shebang well with salt & black pepper and add the sugar, then allow the curry to simmer for 15 minutes before serving with well cooked brown basmati rice.