It feels like Summer is here, and I have given myself an intermittent fasting challenge to shed some of my winter padding, and more importantly give my body the opportunity to run in a low-grade ketosis state which is optimal to brain and gut health. This means skipping breakfast and then having lots and lots of vegetables of all different colours for lunch/ brunch with a little good protein and lots of good fats for fuel.
Needless yo say the carbs have to be cut, but I find that when the weather gets warmer its much easier to stick to big salads for lunch. Supper is a little more tricky as I have two young children to consider…but that’s a whole other post….
Today’s lunch was so good and effortless, I felt compelled to share it – and you can add any raw veggies as this recipe is really about the dressing (the combination of veg I used has certainly been featured here before), but the addition of roasted peanuts is new which added crunch, protein and some extra good fats.
My salad combination was:
- 1 x grated organic carrot
- lots of spinach – as much as you can eat
- 1/2 a baby red cabbage (shredded)
- 1/2 a cup of crushed roasted peanuts (you can replace peanuts of any nut of your choice of course)
And now for the lovely dressing:
- 1/4 cup of Crede Pumpkin Seed oil
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce (I use Tabu Food which is naturally fermented & unpasteurised)
- the juice of one small lime
- 1/2 teaspoon of coconut sugar
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Sea-salt to taste
- Shake it up in a jar and pour over this but of heaven ver literary any salad, you won’t regret it and eating your vegetables will not be a hardship with this one.
In dedication to your radiant health,