Summer Rolls are a great alternitive to salad, they are as healthy as it gets and so lovely to look at. They are also very easy and quick to make, it almost seems silly to add the recipe on the blog, but here goes anyway:
- 1 cup red cabbage, finely shredded or sliced
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh coriander
- 2 cups sliced lettuce (I used iceberg…very old school :-))
- 1/2 cup chopped kimchi (optional)
- 1 packet of spring roll rice galettes (circular rice sheets)
- Prep all the veggies
- Get a clean tea-towel laid flat on your working surface, and a large flat bottomed dish to soak your summer roll rice sheets in.
- Pour some boiling water from the kettle in your dish (an inch deep should be fine) and soak your first rice sheet, make sure you cover the whole surface with water, you can only soak one at a time.
- The sheet will need to soak for approx 1 minute, then gently remove it from the water and place it on one half of the tea towel and cover the other half over the rice sheet, gently pat dry this way.
- Once dry your sheet will be quite sticky, place a little bit of all the veggies on the sheet as shown in the sketch below and fold as per the same instructions.
Once you have made as many as you can eat :-), cut them in half and serve them with some teriyaki sauce and toasted sesame oil, or my spicy peanut sauce….see the recipe below. This is such a hit whenever I make it and any extra sauce will keep well in fridge for a few weeks.
Spicy Peanut Sauce:
- 1 small tin of coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of spirit vinegar
- 1 heaped tablespoon of red curry paste
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
Whiz all the above together in your blender and serve with your super healthy and very pretty summer rolls.
Happy eating, with ♡, the yoga kitchen