I adore veggie cakes or patties, this recipe is one of my favourites! It’s nutrionally complete, are chewy on the inside and crispy on the outside….heavenly. what’s more is that they are seriously good for you, proving your body with protein, fibre and greens…are you convinced yet? If not, make them and take a bite and your doubts will disapear 🙂
- 4 cups of pre-cooked quinoa
- 2 free range or organic eggs
- 2 cups of shredded spinach
- 1 cup of shredded/grated courgettes
- 1 teaspoon of ground pink salt
- 250g of chilli popper flour mixture
- Sautè the spinach and courgettes until half cooked and set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the other ingredients as well as the cooled veggies and mix well.
- The mixture should be sticky and if its not then add some more chilli popper mixture.
- Use your hands to shape the cakes and transfer them gently in a HOT coconut oiled pan (I used my ‘Green’ non stick pan)
- Once in the pan gently compact and shape the sides and then put a lid on so that they cook evenly through, turn the heat down LOW now and let them cook for at least 5min on the 1st side until it is golden brown and crispy.
- Then turn over and let them cook another 5min until golden brown, but take lid off for the 2nd side to keep the crispieness.
I like to serve these with a simple tomato and red onion salad.
If you want to make these Gluten Free use chickpea (chana) or pea flour with a pinch of cumin and cayene pepper (instead of chilli popper flour).
Happy cooking, with ♡ from the yoga kitchen