This Rainbow Slaw is my variation of a traditional coleslaw, it is mayonnaise free delicious and nutritious.
- 1 small/ baby red cabbage
- 1 small / baby green cabbage
- 3 medium carrots
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced lengthways
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup of cooked red quinoa
- 2 tablespoons of white same seeds, lightly toasted
- 50 ml of toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons of raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 clove of garlic freshly crushe’d
- 1/2 teaspoon of pink salt
Simply combine all the sliced and shredded vegetables to a large bowl, add the cooked and cooled red quinoa as well as the the dressing ingredients and toss well.
Dress with the lightly toasted sesame seeds and avocado and serve.
Nourish & glow lovely people.
- follow the package instructions for cooking the quinoa but add some vegetable stock to it for more flavour.
- Toast the sesame seeds in a dry pan on medium heat until they become golden, stirring frequently.