This recipe; for a mild, savoury and comforting Lagan, is courtesy of my friend and guru, Guzi (on too many levels to mention).
It’s too good not to share, and it ticks all my boxes; healthy, easy, meatfree and easily assembled from a well stocked pantry.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of coconut or sunflower oil
- 1/2 cup of semolina flour (can be replaced with millet flour to keep this gluten free)
- 1/cup of chickpea (chana) flour
- 1 cup of chopped baby spinach
- 1 brown onion finely chopped
- 1/cup of chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tin of creamed sweetcorn
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- 1tsp of pink salt
- 3 tsp of baking powder
- Sesame and pumpkin seeds to dress
In a mixing bowl, simply mix all your ingredients together well, transfer to a buttered oven proof dish, sprinkle over the seeds and bake this mixture at 180 degree’s celsius (preheated) until a prodding fork/ utensil comes out clean. Baking time will be approx 45-60min.
Can be served cold or hot as a main with salad, or a side dish to for example a veggie curry. This is also the perfect dish to contribute to a lunch- or supper-book club- etc get together.
Happy cooking, with ♡, the yoga kitchen